Event Time and Date
Wednesday, March 22 2017, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
The CareerIn Kick Off will be held Wednesday, March 22 from 3:30-5:00pm in Oyate Hall University Room. The event is open house style; students can arrive at anytime; but most will be able to get information and service in about 15 minutes.
- Student must have junior or senior status at the start of their internship.
- Student must be financial aid eligible.*
- Internship must take place off campus.
- Students must be enrolled in 6 (or more) credits at UMM (Summer interns are not required to take summer courses, but must be enrolled during either Summer or Fall--i.e., if you graduate in May, you are not eligible to complete a summer internship through CareerIn).
- Check in via swipe/campus connection.
- Complete an expression of interest form. This will allow the student to explain their career goals related to an internship, or share details about an internship they have already lined up.
- Confirm eligibility with Financial Aid/One Stop. *At the event, our team will do our best to provide individual service and/or refer to a One Stop Counselor as needed.
- Enjoy refreshments with Current and Former CareerIn Interns to learn about their experiences, discuss internship search and interview strategy, and more!
- Meet individually with the CareerIn Program Coordinator (very briefly!) to confirm internship interests and goals.
Oyate Hall University Room